The 13 Things in My Quart Sized Bag
Which Liquids to Pack in Your Carry On
Unfortunately, carry on guidelines for hand baggage are pretty strict. For liquids or gels, you are limited to 3.3oz (100ml) containers, and all of those containers must fit within one clear plastic quart sized Ziploc bag. I also put anything that could be construed as a “paste” in this bag, and I often tuck in a travel sized toothbrush as well. That way, when I freshen up in the airplane bathroom before landing, I have everything I need with me.
Here’s my packing list:
- Secret Clinical Strength Antiperspirant & Deodorant Advanced Solid — I’ve mucked around with natural deodorants (hi Tom’s of Maine!) but nothing works as well as this, and when I’m on vacation, I don’t want to deal with sweaty pits. Pro tip — you can throw some antiperspirant on your feet to ward off blisters. Yeah, yeah, it sounds gross, but you’ll thank me later.
- Crest Toothpaste Travel Size — Keep your pearly whites gleaming and your breath fresh, ’nuff said.
- Bausch & Lomb Renu Multiplus Travel Kit — If you wear contacts, this solution is nice, because it doubles as a cleaner.
- L’Occitane Shea Hand Cream — This is an excellent multi-purpose, super moisturizing lotion. It’s great for applying before, during and after your flights. I use it on my face as well.
- Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion — This has been my go-to lotion for years. It is SPF 15, so I use it on my arms and legs if we are going to be outside.
- Essie Glitter Nail Polish or Essie Top Coat — This is not only to keep my nails looking good, but to stop runs in tights.
- Burt’s Bees Lip Balm or Fresh Sugar Rose Lip Balm — I alternate between these two lip balms. Fresh is SPF 15, so if we’re heading someplace sunny, I usually grab that.
- MAC Lipstick in Mac Red — I love this lipstick. It looks good on everyone, makes your teeth look whiter, and really pops in photos.
- Diorshow Waterproof Mascara — I flirted with other mascaras, but after a eye-stingingly bad experience with a brisk wind on a Scottish ferry that left me looking like that girl from The Ring, I’m sticking with this stuff!
- Benefit Cosmetics Benetint — Not strictly necessary, but I use it as a base for my lipstick, and as a blush for my cheeks.
- MAC Studio Finish Concealer — With SPF 15, this concealer protects and hides a multitude of sins.
- Burt’s Bees Hand Sanitizer — A natural hand sanitizer without triclosan or other nasty ingredients. Perfect for a day spent riding public transportation.
- Davines Hair Oil — This stuff makes my hair smooth, shiny and manageable. Love it!
I don’t pack shampoo, conditioner or soap, because I usually use whatever the hotel provides. I don’t pack sunscreen, because Ryan is a red head, and travels with SPF 50 at all times, and I just steal his!
You may also enjoy reading:
The 9 Things in My Quart Sized Bag: Dude Edition
10 Essential Travel Accessories
Download Our Printable Packing List
Packing for a Long Holiday Weekend
Full disclosure – all links are from our Amazon affiliate account, so if you buy anything, Love & Adventure gets a cut. That being said, these are all products we use on a regular basis and highly recommend.
Published on Jan 24 2013